Do you want to have more subscribers not limited to Prince Albert, Saskatoon, Moose Jaw and even beyond Canada? Or do you want to convert more of your existing subscribers into buying customers? A well-designed landing page can make all the difference between a visitor becoming a subscriber and ultimately a customer who repeatedly purchase your product or service and a visitor who can’t wait to leave your website and click the back or close button.
A landing page in its simplest definition is a stand-alone web page that serves as a “place” where the visitors of your website can arrive at or “land” on. It is a web page that is designed to accomplish a single and focused goal.
There’s only but one purpose for a landing page and that is to convert your potential visitors into subscribers to your business and become future buyers of your products and services.
In order to accomplish this, your landing page must be optimized for conversion. One of the most effective ways to optimize conversion is to have one clear goal and call to action. This means that your landing page must not have any global navigation or unnecessary distractions, so that you can limit the options that you provide on your landing page to maximize its conversion.
If the purpose of your landing page is to capture an email from your visitor to turn him or her into a long term subscriber, then that should be the only option available – to key in their email address to subscribe.
A landing page is usually your first contact with any potential visitor or customer on your website. It may be a cliché but first impressions do matter. It is most of the time common for people to judge things based on how they look. For example, if we look at a product that is beautifully designed and pleasant to look at, we quickly assume that it is expensive. Value is often judged visually, at first of course.
Your landing page can make or break your first interaction with a potential visitor or client. It is your best opportunity to convert your visitors and turn them into subscribers and your best chance to convince them that your business is worth their time.
It is essential then that you know the basic principles that make a good and high-converting landing page, while at the same time avoiding the most common mistakes that hurt your ability to convert and increase subscribers to your business.
There are two types of landing pages – click through and lead generation landing pages. A click through landing page is a web page that aims to convince your visitor to click through to another page. This is usually used to warm a potential buyer of your product or service by providing them necessary information for them to click through and complete the purchase.
While a lead generation page or lead capture page aims to collect visitor information such as a name or an email address that can allow you to connect and market a product at a later time. This type of landing page normally offers something for free in exchange of the visitor information that you require.
Now, that you have an idea on what specific landing page to use for your website, read through the best practices below in creation an effective landing page.
1) A landing page must have one purpose and its message should be optimized for the completion of that purpose.
2) The primary headline of your landing page must match the ad visitors clicked to get there.
3) Your call to action (CTA) must be big enough and immediately visible above the fold.
4) Directional cues such as arrows or photos of people looking at your button must be used to direct attention to your call to action.
5) All elements on your landing page must be relevant to the single purpose that it is focused on to achieve.
6) Your product or service must be shown or used in context with your landing page.
7) The use of a video has been shown to increase conversion up to 80%.
8) Simplify you landing page and remove the unnecessary distractions.
9) Use real testimonials and show social proof by citing influencers subscribed to your product or service.
10) Test new principles for your landing pages but keep the ones that work.
There are actually more principles and best practices that you can use to optimize the effectiveness of your landing page. The ones above are just the basics that you can already start working on!
We at Swan Technologies are not only proficient at building the best converting websites, we also understand how to implement a good and effective landing page for your sales funnel and lead generation needs. Our web design services include graphic design, banner design and landing page designs.
Your landing page will be executed in 3 simple steps:
Your landing page template will be designed and customized to be compatible and fully integrate to your CMS of choice – that is the content management system that you are using for your website, whether it is Joomla, Drupal or WordPress.
-You will decide on how many landing pages you want to build with us.
-We will come up with the best idea on what to offer on the landing page. It can be in a form of a free guide, video tutorial, a free subscription for a limited time or even a contest. It should be anything that can create maximum engagement and excitement among your potential visitors.
-We will create the content and the design layout for your landing page.
Now, it’s time for the fun stuff! We will start the marketing activities to drive visitors to your landing page. Below are the things we will do:
-We will write a press release and distribute it through PR Web if you have the budget for it.
– Promote your website using a small ad if necessary. We can use a Google Adwords campaign for this.
– We’ll use Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin profiles to promote your landing page.
– We will syndicate your offer and landing page using our blog promotion platform.
– And we will use an emailer to send it out if you have already an existing list of prospects.
Sunny did everything we asked for. He actually spend more hours than anticipated but still kept his quote and charged the amount negotiated.
Andy Arkun- www.ilbucovineria.com